Despite Hose Village Hall being out-of-action because of a fire, we used a marquee for the registration and as a sitting area, which seemed to work well for everyone. The School Parents & Friends ran a pop-up snack & refreshment service across the road which everyone seemed to enjoy. It was good to meet so many of our regular supporters - you make all the effort worthwhile. We have rebranded the Fun Run as the &km Road Race. The air was cold and there was little wind, which made ideal conditions for running. We heard that a number of runners recorded personal best times. Numbers were somewhat lower than previously, with 295 finishers for the Half Marathon and 34 for the Fun Run. None-the-less everyone seemed to enjoy themselves!
Belvoir Half Marathon Results
- The winner was Michael Coltherd with a good time of 1:13:28
- Second was Chris Southam (Leicester Coritanians) in 1:17:00
- Third was Richard Gibbs in 1:18:17
- The First Woman home was Sarah Chynoweth (Grantham Running Club), who finished 42nd in a time of 1:28:26
- The winning Male team as Holme Pierrepont RC (Oliver Matharu, Neil Cooper, Duncan Martindale, Keith Jamieson)
- The winning Female team was Hinckley RC (Jessica Daly, Penny Masser, Lucy Masser)
In memory of Terry Graveney, who initiated the Belvoir Half Marathon in 1982 and who died earlier this year, Sylvia Graveney presented a cup the the first runner home from the local parish of Harby Hose & Long Clawson. The winner was Chris Southam.
Belvoir 7km Road Race Results
- The Winner was Martin James in a time of 27:11
- Second was Simon Ward in 28:03
- Third was David Lay in 28:42
- the First Female home was Abbie Hunt in 34:24
- The First Under 16 years old was James Hartley in 45:02
Certificates and FeedbackIf you have any comments or feedback on the event, or if you would like a personalised Finishers Certificate sent to your email address, then click on the link below, which will open an email box.
Give your name and Race Number and whether you were wanting to send feedback or a Certificate.
Thanks are due to:
- Sport Systems team of Mark & Simon, who gave us all confidence that the timing would be reliable
- the Event Adjudicator Peter Osborne, who passed on some very balanced and judicious advice.
- CDA Ltd of Langar, PJ Fletchers Builders of Langar and Colston Bassett Dairy, the Parker family and the Bailey family for support for the water points
- Belvoir First Aid & Raynet for their services around the course
- all the local volunteers who helped as marshals, at water points and as car-parking attendants
- Hose School Parents & Friends who provided wonderful cakes and bacon butties